Pre-boarding and on boarding
Why is pre- and on boarding so important?
- Each year over 25% of employees go through some form of career transition, unfortunately not all of them are successful.
- 50% of the people hired externally into senior (management) positions fail within the first 18 months.
- Only 25% of newly hired managers live up to or exceed expectations. 50% perform adequately, but do certainly not exceed expectations. And the final 25% perform mediocre and do not live up to expectations at all.
- In case of departure within one year of appointment, the cost to the company can add up to as much as three times the annual salary. Think about recruitment cost, costly interim solutions, the investment you make till the break-even point and potentially doubling all of this once it becomes clear that the candidate turns out not to be successful or decides to leave themselves.
- Research pints out that 32% of executives worldwide experience the way they were supported during their first months within the company as ‘plainly bad’.
- New employees who go through a structured on-boarding program are almost 60% more likely to still work for the company after three years.
- The first ninety days in a new job are crucial. You literally lie under a magnifying glass. You only get one chance to make a first impression. In this important first period, the foundation is laid for success (or failure).
That is why pre- and on boarding is so important!
And that is precisely why we developed the ’90 -days kick-start program ‘, the unique pre- and on boarding program powered by the Meermakers! This is an intensive coaching program, starting right from the moment the contract is signed up to 90 days after the start in a new position.
The 90-days Kick-start program
The 90-days Kick-start is interesting for employers because:
- It is much more than an induction program, it is pre- and on boarding in optima forma!
- It is an extra “unique selling point” in your overall employer proposition;
- It helps you to maximize your return on investment in talent.
Executive searchers & recruitment agencies
The 90-days Kick-start program is interesting for Executive Searchers and Recruitment & Selection agencies because:
- It offers a 1 + 1 = 3 partnership that strengthens the joint proposition for clients;
- It goes beyond where you stop;
- It adds value and increases the uniqueness of your selling point.
The 90-days Kick-start program is interesting for individuals because:
- You know that those first 90 days in your new position are crucial!
- You know what your pitfalls are and it seems a good idea when someone coaches you through this transition;
- You allow yourself to make the best possible transition and thereby set yourself up for success!
What are the options?
The 90-days kick-start program can be applied in several ways.
Gold, the most integral transition coaching consisting of:
- Ten individual face to face coaching sessions with one of De Meermakers’ transition coaches.
- A complete workbook with tools and models.
- During the program additional articles and tools focused on the specific personal development needs of the kick-starter will be provided.
Silver, a complete transition coaching consisting of:
- Ten individual coaching sessions of which five face to face and five online sessions with one of De Meermakers’ transition coaches.
- A workbook with the most important tools and models.
- General supplementary articles in context of personal development needs.
Bronze, the “light” version transition coaching consisting of:
- Six individual coaching sessions of which three face to face and three online sessions with one of De Meermakers’ transition coaches.
- A set of digital one-pagers and worksheets.
- General supplementary articles in the context of personal development.
- Design and implementation of specific onboarding programs, giving the employee journey a real kickstart
- Onboarding programs for specific target audiences (i.e. trainees, first-time managers etc.)
- Blended learning solutions
Customized programs90-days onboarding
Price on request
“The 90-days kick-start program was flexible and provided plenty of room for what I needed in order to make a head start. With the strict but just guidance of the transition coaches of the Meermakers, I was able to successfully transition to a new line of business in a very conscious way. I recommend this program to everybody! ”